Putting a conclusion to your miserable marriage might be the only solution to end the complication between you and your spouse. This however might sprout another problem in the form of the needed expenses for the divorce process.
Taking into consideration the fact that we are now faced with an extreme economic down turn, the need to re-consider a single step that needed to be considered in getting this plea done is highly recommended. This might mean referring to your financial strength and capacity prior to having your first move. Being ardent and fully driven to achieve your pursuit is one way of successfully obtaining the divorce process that you need. However, it helps to be meticulous and cautious especially when finances are involved.
Refer to the tips presented below and be guided accordingly.
Know the set of factors that affects the cost of the divorce.
- Hourly rate of your lawyer. Although no one will really recommend getting the most expensive lawyer, it still pays well if you will consider quality of services provided against the quantity of the charges paid. A lawyer that asks the cheapest hourly rate might only give you procrastinated services.
- Agreement between you and your spouse. This has something to do with the arrangement that you and your spouse will come up with regarding visitation and child custody (if there are children involved) as well as your arrangement during and after the divorce process. This is necessary because the more both of you argue, there will be more time spent in the process of trying to achieve an agreement. Thus will also result to added expenses.
- Total amount of marital debts and assets to be divided. It will be exceptional whenever you and your spouse have agreed beforehand who will stay in the house and how debts should be divided. This avoids getting your divorce expenses increase.
What are the necessary questions you must ask your Atlanta divorce attorney?
- Ask only specific questions. Never hesitate to ask your divorce attorney Atlanta of striking, straight and specific questions. Directly ask them if they bill you on a flat fee or hourly basis. It is very important to know this specification in order to get yourself prepared with the needed money to pay your divorce lawyer. This too will guarantee that you will not be asked of any hidden charges as you go along with the process. It might be unusual but there are some divorce lawyers that intend to collect hidden charges in the long run.
- Ask about the inclusions. It is also necessary and ideal if you will ask of the inclusions and what comes with the amount that you pay to your lawyer. Some lawyers offer “package deals” and will provide you with all of your needed assistance as part of the charges that was imposed on you. Also, it will be better if you will find courage in asking your lawyer of the estimated amount of the divorce proceeding in Georgia. At this point however there is a need for you to make sure to have everything settled with your spouse regarding any of the agreements mentioned above or you haven’t filed for divorce yet or the divorce that you filed is still in the early stages.
To put it simple, there is a need for you and your spouse to agree in some issues first. This is recommended to be done in order to avoid so many expenses during the process. However, there is no need for you to be concerned as you go along the steps since your divorce lawyer can guide you along the way.